Monday, July 12, 2010

Day 8

It was so hard to get up in the morning after a late night watching the World Cup and just baaarely made it to work on time! I spent the morning working on the Dosing Syringe Project with Lina. The purpose of the project is to evaluate the effectiveness of these clips attached to the syringe that allow the exact dosage to be drawn up rather than the caregiver having to measure the medicine. We marked 70 patients on one of the ARV medications, Kaletra, for evaluation. Still working on the details but we got two patients evaluated today. Erika and I will meet with Dr. Smita tomorrow to discuss the database project and a possible outreach trip this Sunday to Qachas (I’ve been practicing but I’m still not exactly sure how to say this name…there is some very complex tongue clicking involved!).
I came back to the Cottage for dinner. Then read a book, showered, and bed. It got much colder over the weekend so by the time the sun goes down at 5:45pm, all I want to do is curl up in front of the propane heater under a giant blanket with two pairs of socks on…which is exactly what I did!

No comments:

Post a Comment