Monday, July 5, 2010

Day 1

First official day at the clinic! Baylor Clinic is a two story brick building with exam rooms downstairs and offices upstairs. Monday through Thursday everyone arrives by 8 am and there is a morning song and prayer. The words are all in Sesotho so I have no idea what they are singing about, but the songs are so pretty! Then Dr. Mohapi, the executive director, gives announcements and everyone starts the day. Monday I spent the day shadowing Dr. Mamello, she’s a native doctor so she translated her conversations with the patients from Sesotho for me. I spent most of the time asking a lot of questions because it was the first time I had heard of any of the HIV medications and abbreviations for things! And thankfully my bag arrived so the week started off well.

No comments:

Post a Comment