Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Day 24-New scholar, shopping, Bar One, and Regal

A new scholar arrived Wednesday morning. Her name is Melissa and she is a 2nd year resident at Baylor so she knows my dad! They hadn’t told us before that anyone else would be coming, so I was really excited that I wouldn’t be alone in the cottage for the next week and a half! She’s so nice and we get along really well.
I worked at the clinic for the morning and in the afternoon I went with Lina to downtown Maseru. She wanted to do some shopping so we walked to an area behind the main road where there are a lot of street vendors and little shops. She bought a few scarves and I checked out the Basotho blankets. We stopped at Lancer’s Inn after shopping and ate a piece of their famous Bar One cake. Everyone here raves about this chocolate cake being so delicious, but I think it’s mainly people who’ve been here a while and just missing food from back in the States! It was good but not the best I’ve ever had.
In the evening, we met up with Melissa and Erika at PnP for grocery shopping, and then went for dinner at an Indian restaurant called Regal. We drank wine, at good Indian food, and got to know each other. It was a fun evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment