Thursday, July 22, 2010

Day 18-Laundry

Desperation was setting in at the Baylor Cottage. Our washing machine was taken away a week and a half ago. Therefore it has been nearly three weeks since I have washed my clothes and I was down to my last pair of underwear! Erika had already decided to try washing clothes by hand and rubbed some nasty blisters on her hands in the process. Kadi and I had avoided that route but by Thursday, Kadi finally broke down and decided to go to the Baylor House to do laundry. I had planned to go with her but when I saw the massive amount of laundry Kadi had, I didn’t think there was any way both of us would be able to get all our washing down in one day! Jenny had also told us that the washing machine at Baylor house will wash the clothes, but leaves them sopping wet. So it’s basically like washing all your clothes by hand anyway! It was very lucky that I didn’t end up going with her because Kadi locking herself out of the house and spent the whole day wringing out her laundry by hand. I ended up washing clothes by hand in the bathroom sink later that night.

No comments:

Post a Comment