Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Day 30-Photo Day

I wanted to go around the ward at Queen II and take photos to include in the project proposal for the play therapy project. I was very hesitant at first to ask people if I could take their photos because I didn't know how moms would react to me trying to photograph their sick babies. Well I quickly found out that sick or healthy, all the moms, grandmothers, aunts, children, and babies absolutely LOVED having their pictures taken! Groups of people quickly gathered round to have photos taken of themselves, themselves with their babies, themselves with other people's babies, just the babies, kids with babies. It wasn't quite what I had intended to get pictures of for the project but it was the first time I had seen a lot of the families and patients really open up to me and get excited about something. For every picture I took, I made sure the moms and kids knew what I was taking the pictures for and I promised them copies of their photos. In the afternoon, I walked down the street to a photo shop and had pictures developed. It was exciting to see faces light up when I gave people their photos, and to know that it will be something that hopefully they can keep and treasure for a long time.

This is typically how the moms carry their babies






Moshoeshoe-haha he actually has a very cute smile!





Little boy in the acute room with an oxygen mask

































Pretending to make a phone call?


















This baby had the biggest eyes!


















Kenueoe-so sweet, she's one of my favorites:)

No comments:

Post a Comment